1. Firstly, a line drawing is created that has been drawn with complete accuracy, proportion and detail, of the deity or desired image.
2. Then portions of the drawing are transferred by tracing to the silks that will be used in the final piece. Definition of line details is created by rolling silk thread over cord and then by carefully hand-stitching this to the silk pieces.
3. The pieces are then cut out and edges turned under and ironed. Piece by piece the image is created with all its detail.
4. Features such as eyes, jewels and flowers are masterfully stitched using special embroidery techniques.
5. Next the individual pieces are joined together, first using a natural adhesive and then stitched along every edge so that the pieces form the completed image.
6. Lastly there are some finishing stitches and additions of gems such as Tibetan turquoise and coral are added.
The image is then framed in silk brocade.
7. The result of the artists skill, patience, concentration and dedication is an exquisite hand stitched work of sacred art.